Saturday, March 10, 2012

DIY Bachelorette Shirts

If you don't already know, my BFF Katie is getting married in June and I just so happen to be a Bridesmaid in her wedding. So for Katie's Bachelorette Party, her Maid of Honor/Sister, Andrea, planned a trip to Connecticut for us to go see the Maury Show. It was absolutely fun and there will certainly be a blog post about it to come. But for now I'd like to talk about the bright pink shirts we made for the occasion.

We took a trip to Michaels Arts & Crafts and picked up the necessary materials:
Pink shirts
Sponge brushes
Stencils
Black glitter fabric paint
Silver glitter fabric paint

I first took the stencils and taped them on the shirt and dabbed on the paint.

But afterward the letters fror Maid looked like a prison shirt so I took the second stencil and put bride over top.

It looked a whole lot better once I did that.


Here's the end result. We looked great that day and these shirts got us a lot of privileges!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment