Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kick the Cold

By this point, I'm guessing that my advice on becoming a hermit did not work out for you and you have now found yourself sneezing and coughing all day. Well don't worry, it happens to the best of us. I've got another round of tips that'll hopefully knock that cold out and half of it is mental!

Yeah, mental, my number one answer for how I'm going to beat a cold is "I'm going to will it away." Having a positive outlook helps you get out of the sick slump quicker. Well, that and a whole lot of medicine. So do fun things why you're sick like smiling or doodling pictures.


My parents swear by Theraflu. It's this disgusting tea mix drink, that essentially has no taste at first since   you're so conjested, but then magically begins to have a terribly sour taste. Basically, half the time I'm thinking yuck this is putrid! And the other half I'm thinking, wow I can actually taste again. I highly recommend this before you try anything else and not because it tastes like nectar and ambrosia.

Here's a tip that most of you should be familiar with. Sleep. If you're not sleeping you're messing with your immune system and mixed with stress it's just a cocktail of disaster. So go to bed early, like at 8 or earlier and take small cat naps if you have to. It's what you really want.

Or if you're a little afraid of modern medicine and those crazy doctors, then may I suggest home made cold remedies? My parents make a pretty good Hot Toddy recipe. I called them up for the full recipe and my dad said, "It will make you sleep quickly and that's the only good thing about it."


Ingredients

  • One shot of Irish Whisky, "or maybe two depending on how you feel."
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 qtr of lemon squeezed
  • 1 cup of boiling water
  • 1 tea bag
Make it


  1. Make the tea. 
  2. Stir in the honey since it's good for throat.
  3. Squeeze the lemon since it has Vitamin C which will make your body feel better.
  4. Pour as much Irish Whisky as you like since "it makes your brain feel better."
  5. Mix it all in a clear glass and stick some cinnamon in it and you'll get better
Get Well Soon


Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment