Monday, February 20, 2012

Busty Blouses

I happened upon this amazing site called Busty Girl Comics the other day on tumblr. I think I've been waiting for some sort social commentary on being a busty girl for a long time and hilarious comics are certainly the way to go. The artist, Rampaige, focuses on all the stuff you kind of only whine about to your mom like why most stores don't sell anything cute in sizes D+ or at all.

But I found the comic above and thought, my goodness, this is the breast (I know, I can't help it, I like puns.) With me and my other busty comrades, the button down shirts are the worst. The buttons along the breasts just seem to create this weird gap that alerts everyones eyes to the bursting boobs. Or as Clinton Kelly puts it in his book, Oh No She Didn't, "It's distracting when the girls are struggling to bust out like two bear cubs wrestling in a bag." That being said, it makes finding a good button down hard to come by in the working world.

Here's some tips on how to get yourself into a top that works for you.
  1. Try to avoid shiny clingy fabric, not only will you look cheap, but you are totally drawing more attention than necessary to your boobs. Go for cotton.
  2. You can sew an extra button or a hook between the two button gap. This may look weird.
  3. Your best bet is to go a size up and tailor it down? Don't have a tailor learn how to sew, or call my Grandma she's really good. Actually, she's mine.

Ta-ta for now

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment