Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Deathly Hallows Part 1 Video Game

I am a Harry Potter fan. Now I don't go hardcore, but I'm certainly loyal. I've read all the books since I was seven, seen all the movies, and played all the video games up until the Half-Blood Prince. For me the games have always been a real adventure. In each game Harry has been able to discover secret passageways in Hogwarts, conjure spells against beasts, and even play quidditch. But what on Earth happened in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1? No really, what happened?


It's a completely different game. This isn't an adventure game, it's a shoot-'em-up-while-they-re-spawn game. Seriously, Harry, Ron and Hermione, run around aimlessly while Snatchers and Death Eaters try to attack them. The spells Harry casts aren't even powerful enough, he has to cast a spell at least five times before a Death Eater disappears.  But even, when he does that the bad guys just re-spawn in packs so that there isn't really a destination to find in the game at all.


The game would be twenty minutes long if there weren't added side quests after each loosely based plot point. Ron or Hermione will do an interesting point of research that actually would lead the story further, but then Harry is sent off on 3 quests at a time to save muggle-born wizards.


"Whilst Hermione studies 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard', Harry continues his search for Muggle-borns being detained by Voldemort's followers."

I know Harry, it was a terrible game. It's not your fault.
The game can be beaten in a day or two. I say two because the graphics hurt my eyes and gave me headaches like crazy. And because it's actually a really hard game even when playing on easy because of how messed up the spells and controls are. Anyways, shy away from buying this. Go ahead and play the other games. Prisoner of Azkaban, is my favorite Harry Potter game.  Fingers crossed that Part 2 will be an improvement.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment