Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Game Demos

Gerred and I demoed some video games on the PS3 on the lazy days. It's always great to demo the game before you actually go out and get the game. Here's my thoughts:

I've read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and have found the book to be a substantial literary classic. I know a lot of the odd people have latched on to the bizarre part of wonderland and it's certainly evident in this game. It starts off with some gory animation, then transfers into every gothic girls fantasy of london, and soon into a beautiful world of wonderland with a hint of blood and gore. I really did get into the game though, story-based games are my kind of thing. However the graphic pull is a little much for me.

This game had all the classic games like Yahtzee, Mouse Trap, Twister, Life, and Clue. We decided to play Clue. Now they have a remix version of Clue which I don't advise because parts of the mansion are closed down and you sometimes get knocked out. But the game was pretty fun and would actually be a hit with the whole family I think.

Now let me just start off by saying that the Harry Potter games were my favorite. I've beat years 1-5 and will eventually get around to playing 6-7. But this Lego game is so confusing I could barely understand it. I had to move random carrots and transfer spells without direction and you could barely change the camera angle. I would not play this.

"This is probably the most expensive MMO ever made. It just came out and already has a huge base of players. The story is set during a time of oncoming war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. If you've played Knights of the Old Republic, this game picks up 300 years after those games, and more than 3,500 years before the first Star Wars movie. In the game, you can create a customized character and select your race (human or several types of alien), and your class or profession. The choices range from Bounty Hunter to Jedi Knight to Sith Lord. There is a unique story arc for every player, and the choices you make throughout the game affect who your character becomes. I'm pretty sure this game will give WoW a run for its money. I don't particularly like WoW, so this game works for me. Also, it's AWESOME."- Gerred

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment