Friday, August 3, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom

I decided to see Moonrise Kingdom without checking into it too much. I did not watch a trailer. I did not read into it. I just decided to go. I'm glad I did because Moonrise Kindgom is now one of my favorites and I definitely need to share its greatness here.

[via]

This whimsical and quirky film by Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola tells the story of two very troubled tweens (12-year olds to be exact) who run off together on an adventure across a small island in New England. While the police officer (Bruce Willis,) Scout Leader (Edward Norton) and the girls parents (Bill Murray and Frances McDormand) search for the children a storm is ready to hit the island in three days time.

This Romeo and Juliet like movie is done spectacularly with stunning cinematography, dialogue, structure, and even fashion. Moonrise Kingdom captures a feel that is disturbingly magical that will definitely make you smile and laugh a lot.


I hope you go see it!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment