Wednesday, May 9, 2012

2 Years

For two years now I've been dating Gerred and I could not be any happier. Honestly, we get along so well. We are both a bit weird and balance each other out very nicely. I'm the creative one, he's the technical one. I'm the traveling English major, he's the soon-to be Navy Pilot. But I'd like to take a moment to talk about how the two of us met.


On my 18th Birthday, Katie, Phoenix and I threw a Jersey Shore Party for our collective birthdays. I had never really seen the show, but I was game. Around that time I'd just broken up with my then boyfriend (he's actually a cool guy and we are still friends) and needed a date to prom. So my scheming friends decided to invite Phoenix's roommate from the Naval Academy to the party. I kind of shrugged the idea off though and was like, guys I'm just here to party.


He came to help set up the party and we were both a little shy when we met each other. I had this weird confidence thing during that time though since I was so excited to be single that I pretty much just ignored him the entire party and mingled with everyone at the party. But, by the end of the night while we were all watching Jersey shore he started throwing skittles at me and starting up a conversation. I realized he was funny and, well, kind of cute.


Later on that night after everyone left and Gerred, Katie, and Phoenix were about to leave my mom finally cut in and asked "So, Gerred, are you taking Shannon to prom?" Honestly, mom? I just met the guy this morning, I can't go to prom with him that easily. I then played the whole situation off as if it were meant to happen, "Yeah, so do you want to go to prom with me?" Gerred then replied, "Oh, so this is the Sadie Hawkins prom then is it?" "Sort of." "I'd be happy to go, can I have your number." And just like that we were going to prom together.


I'm pretty sure by the night of prom, Gerred and I had already gone on one date and were texting each other like crazy. Can I just say prom was amazing? It was definitely one of the best nights of my life and I know that's a little unheard of but all the "great expectations" that prom is made out to be were totally surpassed that night because I got to dance with Gerred. After that we started dating, May 9, 2010.

Dating Gerred has been a blast and what a wonderful two years it has been.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment