Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sweetheart Vox Box 2013

When Influenster's Sweetheart Vox Box 2013 came in the mail I was ecstatic because I'm always a fan of a full and happy mailbox, especially when it's a great big package with a heart on it. So I immediately got to opening this up and could not wait to try out all the products I was given to review.


Olay Fresh Effects // {Va-Va-Vivid!} Powered Contour Cleansing System & {Shine, Shine Go Away!} Shine Minimizing Cleanser // $6.99 and $12.99 // Once I saw that it was a two parter, with a motorized skin cleanser I was intrigued. I've never tried anything like that before and my skin is not very receptive to these sorts of things. So I tried this one out with Sam to see how it worked with different skin types. It was very gentle and the oil was non abrasive, but afterwards my face became red  and dry. The powered cleanswer had a completely different effect on Sam. She loved it and said it was just what her skin needed. So I let her have it. Basically, if you have dry and sensitive skin like me don't use this. If you have any other skin type go ahead and use this and you will love it.

Secret Clinical Strength // Stress Response // $7.99-$9.99 // This deodorant has one of the twist through applicators that only allows a select amount to be applied to the under arm at a time. I was expecting a freezing gel application, but this was more of a soft creme which I appreciated. Immediately after application I could smell the slight smell of citrus and wore the deodorant all day. I chose to wear it on a busy day where I hopped from the gym, to classes, meetings, and an event. The deodorant held all day and stayed fresh through all the stress of a Wednesday.

Skinnygirl Daily // On-The-Go Bars // $9.99 per box of 5 bars // I've always wanted to try the skinny girl drinks. I've heard that this celebrity entrepreneur also released skinny girl wine. I'll have to get my hands on that (once I turn 21 of course.) So when I saw there were on-the-go bars, which as a college student I always am, for just 180 calories I got excited. Ah, and they are delicious. I wouldn't classify these as granola bars, but more of decadent coconut peanut butter cookie shaped like a bar. It's definitely a nice treat you won't feel bad about when on a diet.

Not Your Mother's // Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray // $6.00 for full size // This spray gives the beach waves without the beach. I tried this texturizing spray with damp and dry hair to see what sort of waves or body I could get. Now, I'll be honest, I'm a hair skeptic. Nothing really seems to change my flat hair and I'm not as knowledgable as I'd like to be with it. But the dead sea salt and sea kelp in this spray actually helped make some waves in my hair combined with twirling my hair around my fingers. 


If you're a social media fanatic, go ahead and sign up for Influester. You can earn badges for surveys and review and even wind up with your own vox box to review. Better yet, it's all free.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment