A new year and a new box of Birchbox treasures. This box marks my Birchbox 1 year mark and I could not be happier with the service of this industry. That and all the products for such a great price. I don't have to spend money on products I'm not sure about anymore. This is my one beauty research stop and here's a few things I got for the new year.
1. The Balm // Put a Lid On It // Primers are great to use since they bring out the color and set the eyeshadow all day. Compared to Urban decay's this one is a little oilier and not pigmented.
2. Juicy Couture // Viva La Juicy // I've tried Juicy Couture's "Juicy Couture Signature Fragrance" and "La Fleur" and came to the conclusion that neither scent was "mine." The signature fragrance smelled like and I'm quoting my past self "overwhelmingly strong, floral, and has a hint of an elderly woman's house filled with victorian furniture." While "La Fleur" was like a cotton candy pre-teen slumber party. This fragrance however jumps over all of these and smells fantastic. With hints of wild berries, sweet mandarin, honeysuckle, jasmine, gardenia, caramel, amber, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline this fragrance sings a song of fireside relaxation.
3. Caudalie Vinexpert // Radiance Day Cream // I'm a little tired of receiving moisturizers in my box, but at the same time I can say that I will never run out and my face really needs to try and try new moisturizers. This one just did not stand out too much. I found nothing wrong and nothing to rave about.
4. Number 4 // Clarifying Shampoo // I always need at least one clarifying shampoo in my shower and I'm glad I have one. Most clarifying shampoos have a lot of tea tree oil which I like, but this product does not. I will say that as much as it cleanses, it did not strip my hair whatsoever.
5. 100 % Pure // Nourishing Body Cream // The Green Apple smells like sugary candy which is not something I really want in a lotion. But it does make my dry skin happy.
And as always, if you're looking for a birchbox of your own you can get them here. You'll get about 4-5 trial size samples of high end products for $10 a month + free shipping.