Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: A Year In Review

2011 is now coming to an end. It was exciting and different and all I can do is look back at all that's happened this past year.

January
I started the year off with infinite freedom of days with my first long break of College. I filled my days   visiting the Baltimore Aquarium as well as a few Smithsonians before heading back to school.

February
We attended the Alice and Wonderland themed Birthday Ball at my college. There were people in giant flower pots acting like plants and statue people painted completely silver all around. There was even a Cake Boss cake of George Washington to celebrate Washington's birthday. It was such a beautiful dance with a great songs to dance to.

March
I attended dining outs for Gerred's company and for D&B (D&B was the best.) I also faced an odd medical issue where I was bitten by a spider and I wasn't able to move both of my arms. When I got better I headed on an amazing spring break trip to New Mexico to see Gerred's family and everything in between (including a surprise hot air balloon ride.)

April
I had my 19th Birthday and attended two concerts. One being, Bamboozle, the biggest concert I've been to with so many of my favorite bands: Bo Burnham, New Found Glory, Gaslight Anthem, Taking Back Sunday, and Dashboard Confessional. The other being Silverstein and Bayside
where I got to meet both the bands. The best was that they all wished me a "happy birthday."


May
I ended my first year of College and was ready for my summer break. I even attended Gerred's Ring Dance, a great tradition for 2/C midshipmen that's been going on since 1925. We  dipped his class ring in the seven seas, then he tied the ring around my neck and we danced the rest of the night. I definitely felt like Cinderella there. 

June
I got my Grandpa's old car (a little independence) and got a job at American Eagle. There I  learned all about the retail world and picked up a new style for myself. I transitioned from graphic tees + skinny jeans + converses to solid color shirts, cardigans, polos, Sperrys and straight jeans.

July
Brought Gerred with the Family to OBX and had an amazing time at the beach. He certainly bonded with all the men with fishing trips in the early morning. I hung out with all the girls under the canopy (we don't tan) and read book after book all day long. Nights were always a blast and one time the whole family went out to a Karaoke bar one night and took over the entire place, singing.

August
Started my job as an RA in the dorms as well as my Sophomore year of College. This set me up for a rather stressful semester as I dealt with five classes and the occasional knock at two in the morning from a resident.

September
Here is where I really started getting into my photography business with building a website and booking more clients. I became an entrepreneur and hope that my business grows even more.

October
I met a great group of friends and enjoyed college life. I stayed in their suite so much and had a lot more girl time. We have tv nights, craft times, adventures, and always a fun dinner.

November
I can't believe I ran two 5Ks. Each time I ran them I thought I'd die because of my bad knee, but I did it and I'm just so proud. I even had a fun trip to DC with my friends, and started this blog.

December
December has been a stressful time of finals where I lived off of a giant box of Kix cereal between papers. When the semester was over I finally felt relaxed before heading home for the holidays. Now I'm in New Mexico for Winter having new adventures on vacation.

I've had a lot of fun in 2011, but I'm certainly ready for bigger things in 2012. Let the New Year commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment