Monday, June 4, 2012

Gerred's Graduation Party

Memorial Day was Gerred's big graduation party. We grilled up some hot dogs and burgers and even put out a few maryland dishes like crab dip, crab cakes, and crab balls for our friends and families and had a great time. 


It was great having his extended family (20 or so of them flew out from New Mexico for his graduation) meet my extended family. Towards the end once I heard a few saying they were part of my PopPop's fan club (you just need to meet this guy) and that my Dad was the best bartender ever after trying his margaritas.

Gerred got a lot of cards that day from the guests as well as a few big ticket items. My grandparents gave Gerred a challenge coin display holder which was filled immediately with two new coins from some military guests. Gerred's parents got him a cover bag to go with the new cover and shoulder boards they got him. Then my parents gave him a fancy Ensign (this is what he is now as an 01 after Graduating) box full of cuff links, a belt puckle, and special pins.

Then came my gift. One that I had been working on for over a month conferring with several members of his family and mine along with facebook to piece together. It's a scrapbook of all four years at the academy. The outside cover is made by my wonderful Grandma out of Gerred's old uniform.
There's over 40 pages so far with a few open spaces for his graduation picture. Here are just a few samples of the pages I made.

It was a wonderful Memorial Day Gradutation Party and it was definitely a great turnout by all.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment