Hello everyone, I'm very thankful to Bailey of Bailey's College Life for nominating me for my second liebster award. She's such a sweet girl and I'm glad to answer a few questions for the liebster award which is "The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."
Now while I've done one of these before back when I first started up my blog almost an entire year ago, this award has changed a bit with different rules and a much better design.
Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose people and link them in your post
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. Remember, no tag backs!
11 facts about me:
1. I am not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of stairs. (This has been made clear by all the narrow and slippery castle stairs I've been climbing.)
2. My role model is Nancy Drew.
3. If I wasn't an English major, I'd be studying Art in a heartbeat.
4. I collect postcards and old cameras.5. I don't drink caffeine.
6. I love reading Irish Literature.
7. I have been engaged for a month now.
8. I like exploring new places whenever I can.
9. I have torn my meniscus.
10. My favorite movies are Big Fish, The Fall, Moulin Rouge, and Amelie.
11. I believe Brie is the greatest of all cheeses.
Questions from Bailey:1. What is your dream career?
I've given this some thought about what I'd like to do with my life. I'm an English Major, so obviously I'd like to pursue writing whether it be creatively or technically for the government. But, lately, I've considered becoming a secondary school teacher.
2. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
I so far am liking Ireland as a vacation spot. I can see myself coming back to here or Europe in general for my honeymoon and explore.
3. What would you do if you were given a million dollars?
If I were given a million dollars I would designate money for college, wedding, new home, furniture, vacation fund, retirement, and future children college funds. I would touch none of it immediately, but know that it would come in use in the future.
4. Who has been the most influential in your life and why?
My family shaped me into the person I am today. They've just been there for most of everything and I mean I have their mannerisms. I'd say that's pretty influential.
5. What is your favorite inspirational saying?
“In the midst of winter, I found there was within me, an invincible summer.”- Albert Camus
6. What is one quirky fact about yourself?
I'm a pretty quirky person. I was actually given the superlative "most quirky" in middle school and was voted "most unique" in high school. I believe those are just nice ways of saying "Yeah, that's Shannon the weird girl."
7. What are your favorite classes/subjects?
I love English in general since that's my major. Currently I'm taking Stories & Storytelling, Celtic Literature, Themes in Celtic Literature, Irish Literary Revival, Modernism, and Irish Language. These classes really won't start until next week, but I'm assuming I'll like them a lot.
8. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
I think I would like to be able to cast magic, because it would give me lots of options like levitating objects or zapping people. I could also be pretty secretive easily with magic.
9. Tell me about an embarrassing experience that happened to you.
When I visited Blarney Castle it was raining and I went off the path to the castle. I started to run through the grass, but slipped into a pile of mud and got it all over my new jeans.
10. What has been the favorite summer break of your life and why?
This summer was great for me, since I was able to actually spend time with Gerred and my friends. I wasn't working at a camp away from everyone, but actually in Annapolis. Gerred was teaching sailing and was always around. So Saturdays were great days for us to go on great day trips.
11. Why did you start blogging?
I had a tumblr, but thought I'd become more personal and start an actual blog. I also have a lot of thoughts and ideas in my head and I wanted to get them out in one general place. This is where I share what floats through my head.
1. What was your first kiss like?
2. If you could be any animal what would you be?
3. Do you have any unpopular opinions, can you name a few?
4. Where do you see yourself in five years?
5. Which bear is best?
6. What are your favorite books?
7. Do you have a favorite outfit?
8. What shows do you like to watch?
9. If you could go back in time and give yourself dating advice, what would you tell past you?
10. What's your favorite thing about Fall?
11. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
I chose to nominate a mix of the bloggers I have met in college or at Blogger Blitz who have become an inspiration/role model for the bloggesphere.
Sam of A Diary of Travel
Emily of Blue Dog Belle
Katelyn of Katelyn Brooke Blog
Jamie of Forever81
Lisa of Hello Suburbia
Thanks for the nomination, Bailey. This really got me thinking.