Monday, May 13, 2013

Vegetable Soup

I don't hate vegetables, but I have a hard time wanting to snack on carrots or broccoli. Lately, I've decided to remedy this lack of easy vegetable access with vegetable soup. In the beginning I just would wing it. Pour in broth and vegetable juice and throw in vegetables continuously  While I wouldn't say I've stopped doing that, I do have a recipe from these experiments to share.


Ingredients (with wing-it measurements)
2 cup vegetable broth
1 cup vegetable juice
1 can tomato paste
1 can green beans
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 a chopped zucchini
a handful or so of kale
1/4 sliced onion
 sliced red, green, and yellow peppers
1/2 cup mushrooms


1. Pour in broth and juice and heat it all up it up in a pot.
2. Add in your tomato paste and stir.
3. Continuously throw in vegetables and stir and stir until things are looking cooked.
4. Taste it and add some old bay.

And there you have it a very simple vegetable soup that can be adapted to whatever vegetables you desire, but don't feel like snacking on raw. If you enjoy snacking on raw onions though, I'd really like to know about that.
 photo signature_zps424e0a05.jpg

4 comments:

  1. mmmm....much heartier than my attempt. And of course, gotta have the Old Bay. I'm a failure with that as I am from VA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cook the veggies with some minced garlic, then add the broth and whatnot. It'll be more flavorful. And replace the faux V8 with a can of diced tomatoes. For protein, add a can of drained black beans. Oh, and add worcestershire and red pepper flakes for instahappy. Overall, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS that is a tip from the Mrs and it is PRICELESS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I can't wait for next year...

    ReplyDelete