Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Double September Birchbox

While I was abroad I still kept up with my Birchboxes. I had them delivered to my house and my parents wrapped them up and placed them under the tree for Christmas. So, that Christmas day feeling I get when I opened them up was even more real. I went through so many boxes that I'm now starting way back with September. One of the cool things that actually happened for September was that I was sent two boxes by accident. Then Birchbox gave me 100 points for their slip up. Meaning I got two boxes full of different goodies and I got to walk away with $10 worth of credit in the Birchbox shop. I'll have to redeem those points soon, but for now let's see what I walked away with for the Double September Box.



1. Boscia // Purifying Cleansing Gel // I tried this last night and was blown away. I have some serious dry and sensitive skin so most face washes are too harsh on me. This however was soft and kept all the moisture in.

2. 21 Drops // Aromatherapy Blend Focus // Aromatherapy smells are the best to soothe and de-stress. I just dab a bit at my temples and wrists and smell the rosemary, peppermint, and frankincense and I am instantly relaxed.

3. Twistband // Hairties // Oddly this was one of the most anticpated item I've wanted to recieve in a Birchbox. I've wanted to try the twistbands out for so long and knew that Birchbox would be a great way to try it before I buy it. And well, I think I'll be buying some more. I was lucky to recieve one in each box (orange and teal) and they have been my go to for buns and ponytails. These are awesome because they don't form kinks in hair when you take them out and don't cut off circulation on your wrist.

4. Kate Spade // Twirl // I'm obsessed with Kate Spade and of course this perfume. It is my absolute favorite and I was glad to get two this time. This is a very cheery fragrance as it has notes of watermelon, blackberry, red currant, orange blossom, jasmine, and magnolia. This by far is my favorite fragrance ever.


5. Mighty Leaf Tea Company // Teas // This came with an assortment of different teas Green Tea Tropical, Vanilla Bean, and Chamomile Citrus. These are perfect right now since it's terribly cold outside and everyones getting a little sick. I did only try Green Tea and wasn't the biggest fan though.


6. Color Club // Tweet Me and Status Update // These colors are so different. On one hand you've got a the bright green which can be a little overpowering since it looks like Nickelodeon slime. And on the other a nice grey slate that I think is great for a statement nail. Between the two I would choose the grey one and save the green for halloween.

7. Tili // Bag // This was a Birchbox extra and at first I wasn't sure what this was for. It's a fancy looking bag, but its intended purpose is to stow the small make-up and liquids when traveling. It keeps them sealed and won't break and of course looks cute while doing it.

This double box mistake has been wonderful. Fingers crossed this happens again. If you're looking to sign up for a Birchbox I'd check it out here. It's only $10 for boxes and free shipping.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment